THE FOREVER SONG (BLOOD OF EDEN BOOK 3)                                                                  BY JULIE KAGAWA

Goodreads Summary                                    4 STARS!!!

Vengeance will be hers.

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

Monster.

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions - her creator Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost - the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie. 

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, her triumph will be short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.

THE FINAL HUNT IS ON.

MY REVIEW

Wow, the thrilling adventure that has enraptured us throughout the trilogy has finally come to an end!! From the cliffhanger of book 2, i knew that Allie would not be the same. She became what she feared most-a monster. She accepted and gave in to the hunger that was always present in her. But she soon realized her mistake and she was back to being this kick ass heroine again with a katana at her side.

Kanin and Jackal were as awesome as ever. I found myself smiling throughout this book during the sibling banter between Jackal and Allison, then Kanin was always there like an exasperated fatherly figure..i just loved these three. Jackal was as loud mouthed as ever, never allowing a dull moment to arise. Sarren was as psychotic as ever-making things SO much more interesting. I mean you can't go wrong with a psychopathic vampire!


Unfortunately, and i hate to say this-i still don't feel anything for Zeke..He really irritated me a lot in this book, he was always complaining about what he'd become and crying to Allie to kill him. I really wanted him to shut up. Then Jackal said something to him that made me like him even more, if that is remotely possible! Here's the quote:

“… Remember what you told me, then? You said I’m not a monster, and I’m not evil. Why is it different for you?”
“Because I 
am a monster!” Zeke snarled back. His fangs flashed as he whirled around, glaring at me. “This is what I am, Allison! I’m a demon-you know it as well as me.”
“Oh, for fuck’s sake!”
Jackal abruptly shoved himself off the truck and came stalking forward, eyes glowing yellow, his lips curled into a grimace of disgust. “Puppy, I am getting
 so tired of listening to you wine about this,” he snarled to Zeke. “This isn’t rocket science. If you don’t want to be a monster, don’t be a bloody monster! Be an upright stick in the mud like Kanin. Be a self-righteous bleeding heart like Allison. Or you can stop agonizing about it and be a fucking monster, it’s actually a lot of fun.” He narrowed his eyes at Zeke and I stared at him, stunned. “But for the love if piss, make some sort of decision. If you don’t want to eat babies and nail bloodbags to walls, that’s your choice. What Sarren did or made you do in the past has nothing to do with it now. You’re a vampire. Do whatever the hell you want.”


He mirrored my thoughts exactly!! Then there is the fact that Jackal has stopped referring to Zeke as a 'bloodbag' and now calls him 'puppy' and i find that extremely accurate. This makes me think about my review of 'The Eternity Cure' when i mentioned that Zeke did not make  a good match for Allison, he's too whiny and Allie's always trying to hold his hand and comfort him. Grow up Zeke! You don't have to feed on humans but you're a vampire, the least you could do is stop trying to make your girlfriend act like your mom!! Anyway Jackal...
RIGHT ON!!

Kanin, i will miss so much...He was a real hero and his sacrifice was so noble and selfless. It literally broke my heart! Allison,i was so proud at the end of the book, she's come a long way throughout the trilogy and has finally become the best she could ever be with Jackal and Zeke at her side. Eden is safe again and the cure has been found. It was beautiful heartbreaking conclusion that left me staring at the book for a few seconds after i'd read the last sentence. Julie Kagawa is such an emotional and amazing writer that never fails to leave me awed after i read one of her books!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I cried so hard when Kanin...My God! He will always be missed....I was so proud of Allie and Jackal! They've come a long way! Ah...I LOVE Jackal!!!! Yeah, I agree..I was like "Stop whining like a baby..!" But, I cried when that kid (I don't remember his name) hugged Zeke! So many emotions....
    It was just so sad after I finished this book..A bitter sweet end to a wonderful book. Julie's world building is so intricate, beautiful and dark at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, Kanin is 4ever loved!! Thanks for commenting and i followed you back :)

      Delete

Thanks a million for taking the time to post a comment :)