DREAM OF ME ARC REVIEW























Dream of Me by A. Star
(The Djinn Order #2)
Publication date: January 19th 2016
Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Steampunk

Synopsis:
Glory St. Pierre never thought so many lies could hold so much truth, especially when her entire life has been one of those lies. Now that she knows who she really is, she must find a way to come to terms with it before the Djinn sorcerer Rasputin and his steel army descend down upon the human and Djinn realms, wielding magic so dark even her own Djinn lover, Irving, is wary of it.

Their only hope to save the realms are a couple of hunters and the Lords of the Djinn Order, four powerful Djinn who have remained elusive for centuries. Armed with her only granted wish, a fabulous airship, and the Djinn she loves by her side, Glory will embark on a quest to find the four lords and enlist their help. But there is a reason the lords have been in hiding, and once this tiny band of adventurers awakens them from their slumber, they will set off a chain of events that has been in the making since the beginning of time.

There is no turning back now.


Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24301527-dream-of-me

Purchase:
(Book 1 - Wish For Me - will be 99¢ the week of the tour!)

Book 1 buy links:
http://www.amazon.com/Wish-Me-Djinn-Order-1-ebook/dp/B00WPUZXPU/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wish-for-me-mia-darien/1123264035?ean=2940151381963

Book 2 buy links:
http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Me-Djinn-Order-2-ebook/dp/B01AOHOW3o



AUTHOR BIO:
A. Star is a fan of dirty passion. She loves to read it, and she damn sure loves to write it. She is the author of the Mythos: Gods & Lovers series and the Djinn Order series. She is a night-owl and a coffee junkie, and the only sneaker she would be caught dead wearing are Converses.

Author links:



Dream of me has exceeded my expectations by far!

I was so happy to follow Glory's adventures with the hot and sexy Irving! With a funny, sarcastic and loud mouthed protagonist like Glory, you're bound to have an entertaining journey! I really liked that Glory has never been and never will be the sappy kind, The author really breaks the mold with this book because normally it's the girl that commits and the guy is the hard one to bind but in this one, Irving is the one that is already in love with Glory. Se doesn't fake the fact that she doesn't LOVE LOVE him yet, is always upfront with him and isn't swayed by his looks or his power. She doesn't jump headfirst into their relationship but really evaluates her situation. That being said, she also shows a tremendous amount of courage as she battles her own hurt feelings and tries to hang on to Irving.

The plot, just like the first one was fast paced and super entertaining! Twist after twist, the author keeps taking us by surprise! I am really liking Edwin! Maybe we'll get a short novella from his POV, he seems to me like a big brother type and he's just so sweet!!!!And we finally get to meet Maya Khan! She is quite lively and super sweet! I really want to see how their relationship progresses!

Ada is seriously getting on my nerves! I get her role as this badass tough princess but just what is her deal? I get the feeling she's more involved in the war than the author is letting on. I keep thinking that when the curtain rises, Ada will be revealed as the villain all along!

Glory's aunt is the BEST EVER! She's is like an older version of Glory with a sharp mouth and a passion for swearing! She seems more like Glory's best friend than an adult figure but that's just how i like her! Glory's mother is KICKASS! Cold, ruthless and deadly but she loves her daughter!

I am so excited to see how it all goes down! The before last chapter is from Irving's POV and i gotta say, my heart stopped. WHAT A CLIFFHANGER! I cannot wait till the battle starts and Rasputin dies or does he?  Throughout the book i kept feeling that there is another side to the story that has not been unveiled yet and till the end i still feel that there are loads of secrets left!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great review, Kariny! I like the sounds of this series, and the cliffhanger sounds killer! I have a love-hate relationship with those. I find they make for a memorable ending, but also makes you want to cry! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you loved it also! I just love Glory and the twists make me go crazy but I love them, kinda... :D
    My review will be up on friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a million for taking the time to post a comment :)